Soreness of nipples is a common problem in women, especially during the time of pregnancy and breastfeeding. Sometimes the issue occurs before and after as well therefore soothing the nipples becomes necessary. This is when the need of nipple butter comes to picture. Nipple butter also recognised as nipple cream is a perfect way to get rid of sore nipples. And it is very important for you to pick best nipple butter that heals the cracks instantly and provides better long lasting results. But before we discuss the best options available, let’s first throw some light on other important areas like:
- What are the reasons for soreness of nipples?
- What is common nipple butter use?
- What factors to look in nipple butter?
- What are options of best nipple butter available?
Reasons for nipples soreness
There are various reasons behind soreness of nipples as nipples are a very sensitive part of a woman’s body. Some of them are:
- Skin problems: Allergies and skin rashes couple lead to nipple soreness.
- Not good fitted clothes: A non-fitted bra or clothes can lead to soreness in nipples especially while doing fitness exercises or running with non gripping clothes. This is why fitness bra is important. But if you get soreness, use nipple ointments like nipcare to get rid of it.
- Menstrual problems: These can also lead to nipple soreness.
- Major infections: Some sorts of infections can also lead to soreness of nipples so it’s better to get it checked with help of a doctor.
- Pregnancy: Nipple soreness is a very common issue during pregnancy. While your body undergoes a lot of hormonal changes, this gives rise to swelling in your nipples as well.
- Breastfeeding: Excessive pain and soreness of nipples is expected during breastfeeding. While your baby and you are going through the struggle of enabling a good latch, this might hurt your nipples a lot. This is the most important time when you need a good nipple butter or nipple cream.
If any of the above listed situations feels like going out of control, immediately contact a doctor.
Let’s now discuss the answer to question no. 2.
Common nipple butter use
- Cures nipple soreness: One of the most common nipple butter use is to help you get rid of nipple soreness. As you now know that nipple soreness is a common problem and it can be easily handled by using good nipple butter.
- Works as a good lip balm: This you might not know we bet, nipple butter is one of the best moisturisers for your lips. It heals the cracking and reduces the dryness of lips to many levels.
- Can be used as an ointment for your baby: For any little wounds your baby might get while bathing or learning their activities, a perfect nipple butter use is that it can be used to sooth their skin and get rid of the rashes or little wounds. This is a feedback reported by many experienced moms who’ve used it.
- Heels cracked cheeks: Just like every other moisturiser, it helps in healing the cracked cheeks during winters.
- Comforts irritation triggered by stretch marks: Nipple cream soothes the irritation and soothes the marks.
Now let’s see what you need to look at while buying a nipple butter:
Factors to look in nipple butter before buying
Nipple butter is used around nipple which means a little bit amount can go into your feeding baby’s mouth too, therefore you’ve got to choose a product that is complete safe to use. Most nipple butters mention their safety standards as it is safe to use and the baby can be fed even while it’s applied. We’ll recommend you to go for a completely organic product in this case, as variety of options is now available.
A non-sticky and smooth texture of nipple butter goes a long way. Stay away from sticky creams that can leave greasy marks around your nursing bra.
Just make sure your baby is not allergic to any sorts of scented smell or tastes there might be in the nipple cream.
Best Nipple Butter
Now let’s look at the best nipple butter available:
Earth Mama Nipple Butter
This is a made in USA brand that produces the best nipple butter. It is imported in India, which means you get a premium product easily at home. It’s rated the best option by many experienced women in USA. It heels soar nipples faster that any other option available otherwise.
Lansinoh Nipple Butter
This is the perfect option for breastfeeding mothers. Lansinoh nipple cream contains Lanolin, a substance found sheep’s wool which is an age old trusted substance being used as a healing agent for sore nipples during breastfeeding. Feeding moms in USA and many other locations outside India don’t prefer anything else but a butter containing Lanolin. It is 100% safe to use and is another premium quality nipple butter imported in India.
Bamboobies Organic Nipple Butter
This nipple butter or nipple cream is free from Lanolin. It’s 100% organic vegan product, which is now being highly preferred by nursing moms. It’s a perfect pain reliever for sore nipples and is safe for your child while feeding. It soothes and protects your skin and keeps them safe for a longer period of time.
Now let’s see the best nipple butter made in India:
The Moms Co. Nipple Butter
This is an organic nipple butter. Rated quite high by experienced moms, this nipple butter is a trusted product that soothes your nipples in a perfect way. It keeps the pain away and limits reoccurrence of any level. It’s made with jojoba oils and Chamomile and contains oat protein. It’s USDA-CERTIFIED ORGANIC OILS which is a safety standard looked for kids during their first 3 years. It protects you and your baby from any allergic reactions.
Mamaearth Nipple Butter
Yet another organic nipple butter, Mamaearth nipple butter gives great results. It has become popular very recently. Mamearth baby and mom care products are being preferred these days. Mamaearth nipple butter is 100% organic, made in India product that softens your nipples exactly the way needed. It’s dermatologically tested (In Europe) safe product. Mamaearth nipple butter is another free LANOLIN product, which makes it completely vegan and good for use.
Himalaya Nipple Butter Cream
Himalaya needs no introduction and explanation for its quality. This brand is in India since years and has been making customers happy since it’s existence. Himalaya nipple butter is reported to be the best options in India. It heals the nipples and keeps the soreness away for a longer time. You can pick Himalaya nipple butter any day with your eyes closed as it is available in India since the time no one had ever thought to produce any such thing.
So now you have our list of best nipple butter that you can pick online. If you like our research and were able to buy a good nipple butter for yourself, do drop us a line and let us know.
Please note: This article contains affiliate links of products. If you make sale using the links able we’ll get a commission and that’s how we’ll make money.