We all have come to know about the benefits that oats have in our health. From keeping blood sugar under control to preventing the risks of cholesterol are few among them. But did you also know oats is a very good agent when it comes to your skin. Yes and it also is very helpful for baby’s skin too. A normal oats that is used for the meal can also be used for the bath. It holds a lot of benefits for the baby’s skin. Now that question here arises how is oatmeal beneficial? How to draw oatmeal bath for babies? What kind of oatmeal has to be used to draw a bath?
What’s an Oatmeal bath?
We love adding bath salts and fragrance to our adult baths. When it comes to our babies we love to give them bubble baths. They enjoy their bath time playing with bubbles and their squeaky bath toy. Just like any other bubble bath oatmeal bath uses finely ground oatmeal instead. One must note that the oatmeal used specially for bathing is called colloidal oatmeal. It’s made for faster dissolution in the fluid. It very finely ground and the baby wouldn’t even know the difference. But if don’t have colloidal oatmeal in hand you might also use the quick cool oatmeal too. But try not to use the flavoured ones.
How to draw oatmeal bath for babies?
As mentioned above colloidal oatmeal is ideal for the purpose of bath. It dissolves very well into the fluid and will not be harsh on the baby’s skin. If there isn’t an availability of oatmeal colloidal then you can just ground the oatmeal that you have to a very nice fine powder. Check whether it dissolves in fluids by adding a tablespoon full of it in warm water. Once you are ready with the powder you can now draw your baby a bath.
- Fill the water in the tub as usual. Keep the temperature not too hot and not too cold.
- Add the oatmeal powder to the water and keep stirring it thoroughly so that there are no lumps. These lumps can get stuck to the baby’s private part and cause trouble. Keep adding the water till the water turns white. Organic Oatmeal & Arrowroot Powder for Babies
- Just like you give a bath now place your baby in the oatmeal bath and let them soak for a while.
- There is no need to add any soapy products to the bath otherwise it will surpass the whole point of using the oatmeal bath.
- Let the baby soak for about 10 to 15 minutes. Give them bath toys that they love to keep them engaged while they soak in the bath. As always keep a very close eye on your infant when they are in the bath tub. Never leave them from your sight even for a second.
- After soaking just take them from the water and pat them dry with a nice soft towel. You can apply moisturiser after it.
What are the benefits of oatmeal bath for babies?
The consumption of oats has posed to be of great value. From keeping heart problems at bay and cholesterol in a limit the oatmeal helps us to have a healthy life style. While many researchers have showed the value of oatmeal on the skin it’s also of very great benefit for the babies. But one must remember that rather not use oatmeal as a treatment for any ailment without the consultation of the doctor. Here are a few benefits that oatmeal holds on the baby’s skin –
- It keep the skin subtle and soft. Oatmeal helps to remove the dry dead skin from the skin surface. It gently and naturally exfoliates and removes all the dry flaky skin. It can be of added value during the winter times when we face dry scaly skin and do not want to load up the baby with chemical creams. Also helpful during the scorching summer when we also face dry scaly skin.
- It helps to moisturize the skin and maintains it for a long time. According to many researchers the products with added oatmeal was able to moisturize the skin far better than the products which didn’t have oatmeal in them. Thus it gives us a natural way to moisturize our baby’s skin.
- It is been an age old remedy for many skin ailments like eczema, rashes, etc. So oatmeal can be used for preventing and healing rashes in babies too. Diaper rashes faced by every other baby is very painful and dreadful. It’s a very good way to soothe the baby of their pains. Also helps with heat rashes and prickly heat rashes.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties which can help with reduction of swellings too. If there are any rashes or under lying injury causing swelling, redness and pain oatmeal can be very useful in helping to soothe it naturally.
What are the side-effects of using oatmeal bath?
Children with gluten allergies can have a very bad reaction to oatmeal bath. While oatmeal itself isn’t with gluten but it is generally grown around other grains and might have traces of wheat or gluten rich grain in it. Thus one must be very careful while buying oatmeal meant for bath. Always buy products that are to be used for kids. Also added fragrance and scent can also create reactions on the baby’s skin. So try to buy products which do not have unnatural chemicals to it. Buy an all natural oatmeal bath for your baby.
So folks we have touched all aspects regarding oatmeal bath for babies. If you have any further queries do leave a common on our page and we will definitely help with it. Oatmeal bath is a great way to use a natural bath product rather than the chemical ridden bubble baths for your babies. Do give it a try and let us know how it turned out for you. Also note if you find it not suiting your baby or you think they are allergic to gluten do consult your doctor before you use it. Never use oatmeal as a treatment for any skin conditions without the consent of your doctor.