Pregnancy and delivery takes a toll on the mother’s body. She doesn’t feel like eating anything, whatever position you sleep might feel uncomfortable, breast feeding is a new task you are trying to master, rest is an ancient word for you now. In such a scenario, you need something that gives you instant energy and nutrition, one that keeps you going for a long time and that one thing should also be natural also home made. The answer for all these list of demands is “Gond ke laddu”.
Now lets a peek Why Gond Ke laddu after delivery is preferred?
What is Gond Ke laddu and how to make it right at the first go for new moms?
What is Gond & Why is Gond ke laddu after delivery a good option?
Gond is a natural glue or gum like substance made of hardened sap taken from two sub-Saharan species of the tree called acacia tree, they are namely Acacia senegal the first species and Acacia seyal the second one.
The tree grows almost everywhere in the Indian subcontinent, mainly in Punjab, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and Gujarat states. It has properties of a good emulsifier, stabiliser and binder, thus it makes the gum a key ingredient in items like ice-creams, soft drinks, medicines and some beauty products. It also has properties that makes newspaper printing ink more sticky and cohesive. Also some beverages namely beer, energy drinks and wine coolers also have Gond as their ingredient. Gond is marketed as yellowish translucent crystals, they come in different sizes. The larger the size, the more money one has to shell out to get them. Its price ranges from Rs 200 to Rs 500 per kg.
Its mind blowing properties for good health!
- Gond is consumed in winters in many parts of our country owing to its property of keeping the body warm which helps us combat the cold
- Studies have shown Gond to be beneficial for reducing cholesterol and patients with cardio vascular disorders.
- Its healing properties makes it a good option for ladies after delivery, so Gond Ke Laddu is a go to after delivery.
- Gond is also found to be effective in chronic kidney disorders.
- It has been proved beneficial for increasing strength in the body.
If you are someone who cannot make Gond Ke Laddu at home, here are some brands selling great quality, just like home made kind of laddu’s:
Why you must have Gond ke laddu after delivery?
Traditionally Ayurveda recommends gond for its healing properties and as a warm food. Gond ke laddu after delivery helps maintain the tensile tissue strength of the bones and the joints. It is rich in calcium, magnesium. It also provides protein the body. Protein as we know is the building block of our body and it is very essential nutrient after the body has undergone wear and tear. Delivery being on such process which affects all the organs internally and the body externally making protein and calcium the most important nutrient. Thus, gond ke laddu after delivery will surely raise the mark of the nutrient needs of the body. It also has benefits of milk production and lactation post partum. Consumption of gond ke laddu after delivery helps with the joints and the back pain.
What’s the most simple and easy recipe for making Gond ke laddu after delivery?
- Gond – half cup
- Dry fruits
- Melon seeds
- Sugar or jaggery -2 cups
- Flour Wheat or maida -2 cups
- Kobra or dry coconut powder
- Elaichi or cardamom
The above ingredients are essential ones, you can add your favourite dry fruits or seasonal ones according to your taste
Method of preparation:
- Heat the ghee in the pan and add gond to the heated ghee.
- The gond will get fluffed up keep it aside and let it cool. Once it is colled powder the gond and keep it
- Now in the remaining ghee roast the coconut powder and melon seeds and keep it aside
- Now fry tye dryfruits and add the flour to the pan and fry along, add pinch of eleichi powder to it
- Now add the separated gond and coconut powder and mix well, add powdered sugar or jaggery to the mixture and keep stiring
- Apply warm ghee in your hand, take the mixture and make laddus out of it.
- Pop one in your mouth as the laddus are ready now
Dry fruits that go along with the mixture are almonds, khajur and may be few cashews and kismis. You might add which ever dry fruit that suits your taste buds.
Don’t want to make it at home?
When is the best time to consume gond ke laddu after delivery? And many can one have in a day?
As per many suggestions and advices taken by moms and their experienced moms they have concluded that Gond Ke Laddu is very beneficial after delivery. But one must be cautious about the amount because it increases the core body temperature very much. So only two laddu is limited, to be taken for the whole day everyday. The best time to have it is in the morning or before bed time with some warm milk to go with it. If you are very much calorie conscious restrict with only one laddu daily as these laddus are packed with high calories and high energy. It is not advisable for pregnant ladies to consume Gond Ke Laddu because it increases the body core temperature. On the other hand it works wonders with the lactating mothers. It helps improve the movement of the joints, relaxes back pain and helps enhance the immunity. It is considered to be the best immunity boosters. And in todays time of hazard immunity is the only valid tool that we hold that can protect us from ailments.
Folks, I hope you have gained some knowledge around the much spoken about gond ke laddu, and hope you could suggest this to your near and dear ones, and enjoy its benefits together. But be careful with what dosage you suggest to the ladies who have just delivered. Other than that gond ke laddu has no side effects or harmful effects seem.
Happy pregnancy ladies!!!