The world is in a state of quarantine, livelihood is at a stay still, everyone is waiting for that one news when everything will return to normal. As everyone knows Coronavirus or covid-19 is new found disease in humans and so many of its traits are still under research. Thus, there is no set guideline to diagnose or treat the patient. But there are a few things that has been repeatedly being broadcasted across the globe, here are some of them to be remembered.
WHO’s rule of five for Coronavirus:
Do the five to help stop coronavirus:
- HANDS wash them often
- ELBOW cough into it
- FACE don’t touch it
- SPACE keep safe distance
- FEEL sick? Stay home
These above five tips will help us in dealing with this panic situation around.
Doctor’s Tips On Coronavirus For Pregnant Ladies:
As far as pregnant ladies and babies go, there is no such research to prove or point out the susceptibility of them getting infected with the corona virus. But being as prone to infections pregnant woman and babies should take precautions, like avoiding outside travel of possible, staying away from people with cough and cold, sanitising and washing hand.
Precautions for immunity building & keeping diseases away:
- Always use cooked food may it be vegetables or meat always see to it that it is completely cooked
- Include ginger in your meals at least once it helps build your body immunity
- Maintain a healthy routine of food habits and sleep hours
- Maintain clean habits of washing hands before every meal and after returning home from outside
- Never travel in the dust with open face, wear a helmet or in the car at least wear a mask.
In this hour of need all we can do is maintain self hygiene and safe healthy habits to keep us safe from the infection.
Coronavirus tips for pregnant moms and baby:
- There’s no study that shows corona virus can spread to baby from the mother when baby is the mother’s womb
- When infected with the virus breastfeeding is allowed with full precautions.
- As much as possible mother should avoid travel to the virus prone countries or areas.
- Travelling with an infant to virus infected area is all not appreciated.
- Mild symptoms of cold and flu is normal not to get panicky, report to your doctor before trying out anything
Finally, some words of refreshment:
It’s too difficult for a mother to imagine her baby being born in this period of chaos, but dear mommies I want you to remember that you have carried your baby safe and sound for the past nine months, no harm in this world will come to your baby under your watch. Always remember you will always do your best for the baby, never doubt your ability to keep your baby safe and sound. Be happy that you are going to give birth to a very strong and confident baby who will be able to manage himself in any and every situation possible, so be happy and calm and deliver a happy baby.
Picture courtesy: Healthline.com