Building blocks or otherwise known as toy blocks are structurally shaped blocks aimed at developmental play. These blocks are made of wood, plastic, magnetic substances and many more. Since in an open imaginative play, kids put together blocks in a variety of ways. This divergent play allows kids to think creatively and boosts their problem-solving skills. This also aims at improving the child’s observed coordination, dexterity and communication abilities. Blocks have also been linked with enhanced math and engineering skills in the future. Therefore, building blocks are an excellent education investment. Also, as toddlers cannot go outside due to the pandemic, building blocks can entertain them in fun indoor activities. Now I’m going to suggest to you the list of top 12 latest building blocks for kids online in India.
Table of content
- 12 latest building blocks for kids online in India
Best Building Blocks For Kids Online India
1. LEGO Classic Creative Suitcase
This is an iconic set of building blocks that have been trending for the past many years. LEGO toys are famous for their best quality. They are among the world renowned brands and are also available in India. This set of blocks is highly recommended by experienced parents.
- It consists of 213 building block pieces.
- It arrives in a yellow suitcase with sorting compartments.
- Item weight is 755 g.
- The set includes a simple user manual consisting of age-appropriate building instructions.
- It is easy to assemble.
- It comprises a variety of bricks, eyes, wheels and shapes.
- The blocks can be used for building different vehicles, creatures and houses.
- After the play, pieces can be neatly packed away into the smart and convenient Lego classic creative suitcase.
- These blocks help in making your kids learn logical reasoning skills.
- They are great in making your kids learn colour and shapes skills.
- The pieces are very small, thus it poses a choking hazard.
- It is only suitable for children ages 4 and up, and not younger kids.
- It comes in higher price range.
2. Mega Blocks Big Building Bag
This is a completely wholesome package of building blocks for kids. It’s comparatively less famous than Lego but is a great brand providing good quality toys for kids.
- It consists of 80 first building blocks to ensure hours of play-time.
- They will come in multi-colours such as blue, red, yellow etc.
- It is made of great quality plastic.
- Item weight is 454g.
- It is compatible with all first builder sets for endless building possibilities.
- There is no choking hazard for kids as the blocks are big enough.
- There are no sharp or rough edges.
- It includes a PVC-free bag to store all the pieces securely and comes with a hand-strap that makes it portable.
- The blocks are perfect for children 1-year-old and up.
- It comes in higher price range.
- In comparison to Legos, they are not tight/sturdy enough after construction.
- It lack of a wide variety of blocks.
- It does not come with a booklet to explain the possible shapes with the provided blocks.
3. FunBlast Building Blocks
This set of building blocks for kids online can be easily bought at a reasonable price range. These are available in attractive colours which are helpful in kids development.
- The blocks include 16 pieces of the movable wheel.
- Product weight is 450g.
- Since the blocks are available in bright colours, they are attractive to children.
- It comes in a zippered packet with a handle, which makes it very convenient and travel-friendly
- It has smooth and well-rounded edges.
- It does not come with an additional guidebook.
4. Adichai Educational Building Blocks for kids online
AdiChai Toys is one of the premium Educational And Child Development Toy brands. It is a renowned name when it comes to educational range of toys. This brand has been providing great quality kids toys which are really helpful in the development of your child. Here we’ll discuss one of the options however, you can go an check various other options available by this brand.
- The set includes 100 buildable blocks.
- It’s made of PVC free plastic.
- You get a proper base that can be used for making your own creations stand.
- Item weight is 300 g.
- The kids can hold the blocks with ease while making structures.
- It comes in perfect finishing – no sharp edges.
- It’s helpful “to built” sheet is a good basic task for kids.
- The blocks lack symmetry.
- Absence of movable wheels.
5. Toyshine Wooden Angle Geometric Blocks
These blocks can inspire children’s imagination as well as promote their physical and intellectual development. The geometric blocks for kids are a great way to develop their skills about learning geometry. Although the subject comes way later in school but the initial mental growth of your child can help them in brushing up their skills right from the beginning.
- It consists of 20 block pieces & 1 detachable and removable wooden plank with 15 posts.
- Item weight is 500 g.
- Five sets of columns are available in five colours: red, pink, yellow, green and blue
- These blocks have a durable water paint finishing and solid wood construction.
- They have rounded corners without wood dust.
- The are suitably sized for toddlers’ hands.
- No additional instruction manual.
- In comparison to plastic blocks, there is a lower range of possibilities to create.
6. Zomaark® Building Block
These are one of the most highly engaging building blocks. Just like any other building blocks for kids online, these too are very effective. The best part about this set of blocks is that they can be used for kids above the age of 3 years too. Most of the building blocks are made for toddlers only while this set can be used otherwise.
- It consists of 111 assorted pieces.
- Item weight is 470g.
- It is perfect for ages 3 and up.
- It is made of enduring quality plastic.
- It is available in various diverse colours.
- The blocks are not recommended for children younger than 3.
- There is no instruction book to assist the kids.
7. Funskool Kiddy Star Links
This star linked toy provides a convenient way of introducing new shapes and colours to toddlers. If you are looking for best building blocks for kids online, your kid is definitely at the age that they would need to learn colours and shapes. Funskool if you perfect option here. This set of blocks also comes in a range provided by renowned brands.
- There are five different colours and ten pieces of two colours each.
- It is made of high-quality plastic.
- It is available in vibrant colours.
- Item weight is 250 g.
- It is easy to handle and lightweight.
- With smooth and curved corners the stars can connect only.
- The blocks are suitable for ages 1 and up.
- Lack of instruction guidelines.
- Complex structures cannot be created with the stars.
8. Toyztrend Expert Building Blocks for kids online
This is one of the best building blocks for kids in the market currently. It’s a great product to improve learning skills in kids. It keeps your child engaged and helps them learn about shapes and colours easily. It’s very reasonably priced.
- It consists of 180 block pieces.
- It’s made with plastic.
- Item weight is 450g.
- It is very high quality of the blocks.
- It has no sharp edges of all the blocks.
- It is suitable for children above 1 year.
- It helps in making your kids learn logical reasoning.
- It has no additional accessories included.
- It does not come in a pouch/bag for storing the blocks.
9. Ami Building Blocks
These are one of the most popular building blocks for kids online currently. This set of building blocks can be used in making huge range of items that not just improves the learning abilities of your child but also makes them aware about new areas. If you get involve in playing blocks with your kids, these can be highly useful.
- It is made of environmentally friendly ABS plastic with smooth edges.
- It is available in vibrant and attractive colours.
- The building blocks are sturdy and durable.
- It is lightweight and easy to assemble.
- The environmental plastic is not harmful even if your child puts it in their mouth.
- It does not come in any bag for storage purposes.
- It does not include additional accessories.
10. Toyzone Plastic Blocks Playset
They are a dynamic set of educational toys. This one is made with high quality plastic which are safe even if your kids put them in their mouth. These are reasonably priced. In a way its a very good deal because of the material used on the making.
- It is made of BPA free plastic.
- It consists of 60 blocks.
- It is available in bright colours.
- It is made with super fine quality of the blocks.
- It has no sharp edges and all the blocks perfectly connect.
- It is also suitable for children above 1 year.
- Limited range of structures that can be created.
- No additional accessories included.
11. KLUZIE Building Blocks
If you are looking for building blocks in an affordable price range, this is your best option. This one is also made with high quality anti-toxin plastic material which is safe for use. It’s again very reasonably priced and gives you all the benefits you need.
- It consists of 100 building blocks for an endless playtime.
- Item weight is 460 g.
- It is appropriate for kids 6 months and up.
- It is made of non-toxic and harmless plastic.
- It comes in a plastic bag for storage purposes.
- The blocks are easy to stack and remove.
- It does not include any instructional pamphlets.
- Some of the blocks do not have well-rounded edges.
12. FRATELLI® Building Blocks for kids
These building blocks are perfect and safe for your kids. It comes in set of 4 colour options that are good enough for making your kids learn colours. The blocks can be safely used by kids for learning shapes and various other skills.
- Recommended for ages 3 and up.
- The set includes approximately (100 pcs( 84 blocks+16wheels) assorted shapes and sizes.
- It comes in colours like violet, orange, green, red and yellow.
- It includes additional accessories like stickers and an instruction book.
- It comes in a zipper pouch bag for storing the building blocks.
- It’s EN71 Certified.
- The edges of the blocks are smooth for safety purposes.
- It poses a choking risk since the blocks are very small in size.
- It is sometimes not available easily.
FAQ’s – Frequently Asked Question
- Are building blocks safe for children?
Building blocks are safe if adequate precautions are taken. Young kids are at risk of injury such as choking or cuts if the building blocks have extra parts that are not age-appropriate. They can also have splinters if the wooden blocks fail to have a smooth finish. Therefore, always ensure that building blocks have no sharp edges and parts that can break off. Also, check that the paints used on the blocks are non-toxic and tasteless.
- How should kids play with building blocks?
It is suggested to combine block play with story time. In pre-schools, teachers often use toy blocks to illustrate parts of the magical stories that she read out loud. Then afterwards, the children were given access to other block accessories and an opportunity to build things in the course of pretend play. Children greatly benefit from fantasy and make-believe.
- Do building blocks help in improving social skills?
Yes, to a certain extent. Research suggests that children become much more social-savvy and form higher-quality friendships if they spend considerable time in block play. Even greater social improvements are visible among kids with autism. They allow children to take turns and share materials, become self-reliant, and increase self-esteem.
Though building blocks are toddlers’ first toys, their role in the development of a child is often worth a lifetime. By only playing, kids learn about the vast world of colours, sizes, and numbers and work on their spatial awareness. So while picking up toys for kids, make sure to include at least 1 or 2 sets of building blocks for kids online or bought from physical store. The benefits of these blocks can be witnessed later but their actual need begins right after the age of 6 months. Despite the kids start picking them up only once they turn 1 but even by keeping them around would make them curious about colours and they’ll get attracted to learning.