Pregnancy is a phase of varied changes in your body and mind. You enter the world of adventure and miracles. One might get amused about the human body when we witness the growth of a life within us. Having said that though pregnancy might be a time of peace and joy, some symptoms might affect the well-being of the mother. One such symptom is NVP and using Doxinate during pregnancy is a common practice. Now, before jumping on the this, we’ll discuss the problem of NVP during pregnancy at length. Read further.
What is NVP ? Is it a serious condition?
NVP stands for Nausea and Vomiting of pregnancy.
Nausea during pregnancy or ‘morning sickness’ occurs to almost 60% – 70% of pregnant ladies. Though it might have an adverse effect on the health of the lady, it is considered as a positive sign of pregnancy by many researchers. It states that women with nausea have higher chances of successful completion of pregnancy and fewer chances of miscarriages. Very few cases develop severe form of nausea called hyperemesis gravidum, the percent stands at 1.6 only out of the 70% who are affected by NVP.
It is a serious condition and you need to see a doctor if :
- The vomiting is more than 3 times a day.
- You are becoming severely dehydrated (signs of which include little-to-no urine production, dark-colored urine, dizziness with standing).
- If you have lost 2 kgs or more.
What are reasons for Morning sickness?
There is no specific reason for morning sickness as per the doctors but researchers have co related the occurrence of morning sickness with the increased levels of HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin hormone) in the first trimester. Unlike the name morning sickness can happen at any time of the day and last for a few minutes. Some women experience this throughout their pregnancy. In some cases nausea can also be triggered by certain food, smell or motion ( travel or movement)
What treatments can help with morning sickness? Is it safe to use Doxinate during pregnancy?
Your doctor may recommend taking vitamin B6 (also called pyridoxine) and antihistamine tablets. But certain drugs which has a combination of both the above chemicals comes the most advised medicine Doxinate during pregnancy. So it is much more effective and helpful for morning sickness.
Doxinate has seen to improve the symptoms of Nausea and Vomiting of Pregnancy (NVP) while improving comfort level of the women and increase the ability to conduct actions of daily living.
Doxinate tablets are advised to be taken regularly for best results. Your obstetrician may individualize the dosage schedule according to timing, duration, severity and frequency of the symptoms that you might be experiencing . It is important to follow your doctor’s recommendations for the treatment to help you and to find relief.
What is dosage of doxinate and are there any side effects of doxinate during pregnancy?
Doxinate is prescribed by your doctor keeping in your mind you typical symptoms. So always be clear about the duration and timing of your symptoms. There are different doses for nausea happening early in the morning or mid-day or evening. If you have early morning sickness the doctor recommends you to take the tablets in the night after your last meal. As doxinate is a late acting drug its effects are seen only after 4-6 hrs of consumption. So the doses are set accordingly by the doctor. If you have missed any of your doses take it as soon as possible, but if it’s almost time for your next dose please skip the dose and continue with your regular dose and do not over dose yourself. If you feel that you have accidentally over dosed yourself do consult you doctor do not wait for the symptoms to occur.
Common side effects of Doxinate during pregnancy includes:
- Stomach pain
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms after every dose that you take please do consult your doctor. Doxinate has been proven to be the safest drug to treat NVP during pregnancy and does have any effects on the baby or the mother. The side effects of doxinate mentioned above are very minimal. But do not stop the usage of doxinate tablets if you have the side effects on your own, consult your doctor before you do so.
What are the home remedies and tips that can help with ‘morning sickness’?
- Its best to avoid spicy and fatty foods. Eat bland foods such as bananas, rice, dry toast, plain baked potato, eggs, paneer, cheese.
- You must consume something before bed, a few crackers or toast in the morning to help settle your stomach. Keep a few biscuits or salted cookies of your choice at bedside and eat a couple before getting up.
- It is advisable to take your prenatal vitamins with a small snack. If your prenatal vitamin contains iron, try taking it at bedtime. Talk with your doctor about other vitamin options
- Try to keep munching something after few breaks the whole day, consume 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals.
- If a clogged environment is making you nauseate keep rooms well ventilated, turn on a fan, or go outside from time to time to get some fresh air.
- Keep around stuffs that make you feel good and fresh, like incense sticks , scented candles, soaps etc . Smelling pleasant scents such as lemon, orange, or mint helps too.
- Having something that suits your tummy and your tongue is the key, but try to eat healthy snacks between meals, such as yogurt, jam on bread or apple slices or cucumber, cheese, milk, or nuts.
- Include water as an essential component in your schedule, Drink plenty of fluids, especially water, throughout the day..
- A cut piece of lemon can help you largely, you can either smell it or just have a taste of it. Its better to avoid odors, flickering lights, other situations that bother you and trigger your nausea.
- Ginger helps a lot with weak tummy, make tea with real grated ginger or try ginger candies.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Take your own time while getting out of the bed, sudden change in the position can trigger nausea.
Dear ladies nausea and vomiting are just a small sacrifice that you make to have a beautiful gift at the end of the pregnancy, a salute to all the mothers and to their sacrifices. I hope the tips and tricks helps you in your beautiful journey.