Weight is a very talked about topic in each and every strata of the society, while excess weight is a problem for some so is less weight or no weight gain. For some people the metabolism rate is very high resulting in less than normal weight gain and weak body structure. Many people have a genetic make up of having lesser weight no matter what they consume. But there is a set amount of weight that a person of particular height and weight must have, the reason for not gaining weight could be vata kind of body type who tend to be thinner, while the people who fall under the kapha category have obese or overweight body type. Let’s use Ayurveda to solve this mystery, have a look at the top Ayurvedic medicine for weight gain. But before that lets see how can one identify whether they have vata dosha or not.
Vata dosha are manifested in the following forms in the individual:
- Slimmer built of the body with light weight, either they are very tall or short
- They have a quick-moving mind and body
- They have a tendency of doing many things at the same time
- They posses thinner skin and hair, and are prone to dryness
- They have a typical oval, narrow face and smaller eyes which makes it key feature
- Having variable appetite, tendency towards constipation are the main problems faced by them
- They are light sleepers, possibly interrupted, dreams full of movement may even result in less sleep and incomplete sleep cycle
- They have lower stamina with bursts of activity all the times
- They are always drawn to creative activities, dance and travel which forms a way of their
Which are the top Ayurvedic medicines for weight gain?
Here’s the list of some top ayurvedic medicines that work well for weight gain:
Khushmanda Avaleha rasayana
Khushmanda is known as ash gourd in english and as the name suggests, khushmanda avaleha is a ash gourd jam. It is a combination of ginger, black pepper, pippali, cardamom, coriander seeds, patra, white craway seeds, and honey. It has a role to boost the immunity and makes you strong. Khushmanda avaleha is also known to help you gain weight by improving your digestion and absorption as well as assimilation of food.
Price: ₹ 120.00
This is also a herbal jam like mixture that helps to gain weight. Its main ingredients are Suvarna, Chyawanprash, Kantaloha Bhasma, Roupya Bhasma, Pravala Pishti, Makardhwaj, Rajata Bhasma, and Abhrak Bhasma. It known to energize your body and strengthen your immunity. It has a prime importance to help you with balancing of your Kapha, Pitta, and Vata. This feature of this ayurvedic medicine makes it among the top ayurvedic medicines for weight gain.
Price of 1 kg: ₹ 1,039.00
Ashwagandha Avaleha Powder
Again as the name suggests it’s a jam kind of mixture with ashvagandha as the main ingredient, it helps built immunity and stamina, it is an essential endurance builder. Ashvagandha is considered as miracle worker against many ailments. It is a main ingredient of many immunity building medicines. This property of it makes it beneficial for weight gain as ailments can be a major cause of disturbed metabolism in the body.
Price for 1 Kg: ₹ 1,701.00
Organic Shatavari Powder
Shatavari is a known ayurvedic medicine given to women to help them with all the problems related to the reproductive system. It also enhances the hormonal balance and helps your body to have a rather strong digestive system. It yet another top ayurvedic medicine for weight gain.
Price for 250 Grams: ₹ 399.00
Another golden gem in the ayurvedic medicines. It is a known medication given for weight gain thus it holds a special place among the top ayurvedic medicine for weight gain. The yashtimadhu powder boosts your immunity. Immune power is the pre requiste to healthy weight gain. It improves your inner strength and stamina making the body healthy and disease free.
Price for 500 grams: ₹ 400.00
Important tips for healthy weight gain
Intake lots of water
Water is the key stuff which can regulate the metabolism in the body, a glass of warm water in the morning helps the metabolism and builds up immunity. Similarly do not have water during the meals or in between meals this will tend to cause a bloated tummy and less calorie intake.
Include cream in your diet
Adding cream to your cup of milk or coffee may increase the calories that you are having and will help with the weight gain.
Aviod Junk Food
Junk food tends to hamper ones digestive system and there fore it disturbs the the flora and fauna of the gut. This results in further weight loss. Rather have whole some cooked healthy diet.
Have your meals often
Instead of having the whole meal in one sitting, try to divide your meal time and have smaller meals through out the day, this will help to have a balanced and stable metabolism.
Add protein rich food to your diet
Dry fruits, meat and dals are the best proteins one can include in their diet. It helps with healthy form of weight gain. Also, try to cook your meat like fish in ghee instead of frying it in oil. It improves the number of calorie intake. Dry fruits are also known metabolic builders which improve weight gain.
Add rice to your meal
Rice adds to the calories that you consume and helps with the weight gain. So try adding rice to your daily diet.
What not to do while trying to gain weight?
- Do not give up too quickly. Everything comes with its own sweet time. So be determined about the goal that you have set
- Do not stop exercises. Exercises to hold an essential role in the metabolism and immunity of the body. One doesn’t want to lose the core balance while trying to gain weight.
- Take food that help you gain lean body muscle mass rather than non healthy fats. Avoid fat inducing foods.
- Keep yourself hydrated at all times. Avoid going dehydrated and quenched for water. This to causes un wanted effects on the body systems.
Last but not the least be happy with your self and your body type. Don’t let anybody tell you or make you feel otherwise. You are beautiful and perfect just the way you are.