Various confusions have been going around in terms of using a feeding pillow and pregnancy pillow. Very recently we realised that even new age pregnant women are unaware about the utility of these two types of pillows. So, we are going to discuss on the differentiation between the two by discussing each of them separately so you can also understand the various benefits that come along while using them.
What is the difference between a feeding pillow & pregnancy pillow?
Feeding pillow and pregnancy pillow are used at different stages of pregnancy. Former one suffice your post delivery period while the latter one is helpful during your pre delivery period.
A pregnancy pillow helps you stay in good posture all through your pregnancy. It it designed in a way to provide complete comfort to a woman’s body which helps them take a good sleep. It lessons the changes of back and cervical pains.
A feeding pillow on the other hand is useful in improving the latching process. After delivery the most important act that creates a permanent and perfect bond between the mother and the child is the latch that is created during the breastfeeding process. The latch is a very important process for the overall development of the baby. It is one of the most important milestone which helps in the brain development and is also important for the mother as breastfeeding regulates the hormone surge and breast milk production. If the breastfeeding is not initiated or done properly in the first three days, it would drastically affect the milk production and indirectly affect the baby.
The process of latching and breastfeeding is eased by one of the very innovative and noble innovations of man, a feeding pillow. Feeding pillows India have been used just in the recent times and many companies have been engaged in thw production of the same with different designs and benefits. Today, lets list out the best feeding pillows India. The feeding pillow India can be classified according to design, affordability and features. But before that lets see the importance of feeding pillow India.
What are the benefits of using a feeding pillow?
- New mothers might find it difficult to position themselves and the baby for a good latch and then feeding the baby. Either it might take quite a few attempts to do so, or help from the nurse or care taker or it might even leave the mother frustrated. Whereas, using the best feeding pillow India can help the mother to quite and extent. She can strap the pillow around her waist, place the baby on the pillow, it automatically gives a good position for breast feeding.
- Back pain and ache can be a dreading outcome of breastfeeding in wrong position, prolonged hours of stooped sitting may lead to horrible case of back ache. Which will leave the new mother reluctant for the next breast feed. Feeding pillow solves this problem too. Its basic attachment and positioning helps the mother maintain a erect posture and prevent back ache.
- Holding the new born just in the mothers arms can also lead to improper tilting of the head of the baby and might cause intake of large amount of air bubbles during feeding. This can be a major reason for colic in the baby. If the baby’s head is too much on the lower tilt might even lead to asphyxiation.
Best Feeding Pillow India
We have evaluated feeding pillow on the basis of various features it offers as well as its affordability so that you can take an informed decision. The categorisation is also done by taking options of feeding pillows available in India. Let’s take a look:
Based on design
To tell you on basis of design, we are taking example Hoopa feeding pillow which is one of the most common option available in India.
Hoopa Feeding Pillow
- Feeding pillows have been manufactured in different designs that meet different purposes, easy to attach and detach, material used in the pillow.etc can be the points one looks for in the feeding pillows. Hoopa feeding pillow is made on the design provided WHO for Breastfeeding position for a low birth weight baby. Hoopa feeding pillows unique design helps the mother to comfortably feed the baby without the fear of gaging him.
- Hoopa feeding pillow can be used as a baby carrier too, it solves two purposes in one use.
- The hoopa feeding pillow has been tried, tested and approved by the United States consumer safety products. Its very comfortable for use and also comes with washable material, its light weight design makes hoopa feeding pillow the best option to carry around.
This one of the variety of Hoopa Feeding Pillow:
Price range: ₹ 1,085.00 – ₹ 1,485.00
Based on affordability
For differentiating here we are taking example of another famous type of pillow available which is Baby hug feeding pillow.
TOUA feeding pillow
- TOUA U shaped nursing pillow comes with a donut shaped appearance that can worn around the waist, it supports the back of the mother perfectly at the same time holding the baby in the right position across the breast for feeding. It is in the affordable price range with a good quality product.
Here’s an option of TOUA feeding pillow:
Price range: ₹ 1,085.00 – ₹ 1,485.00
Based on the features
Lulamom nursing cover with pillow
- This product holds its place in the best feeding pillow India because of its unique design and purpose.
- It comes with a sheet attachment that can be used as a cover while the mother is breast feeding this enables her privacy and safety of the infant even in the public places.
- It ensures complete protection of the baby while feeding and easy to use for the mother in any situation.
Price range: ₹ 1,085.00 – ₹ 1,485.00
Above are some of the major points to keep in mind while planning for a feeding pillow. Moving on to the uses of pregnancy pillows.
What is a pregnancy pillow? Can we use it as feeding pillow too?
As the pregnancy progresses it might lead to disturbed sleep owing to the discomfort one might feel due to the positions. Side sleepers might feel the legs cramped or difficulty turning to the other side because of the developing lower body cramps. This is when one must choose to use a body pillow or pregnancy pillow. Pregnancy pillow india comes with different companies and makes which sets their price ranges. Once the delivery is done the same pillow can be used as a nursing pillow too. So it solves both the purpose.
Sleeping with pregnancy pillow of which shape is the best?
Sleeping with pregnancy pillow is always a good idea and here are some postural details that you must know:
- The C shaped pregnancy pillow india is the one where u rest your head on the curve of the C and the legs on its body. Its best suited for side sleepers.
- The U shaped pregnancy pillow india is the one where u rest your head on the curve on the alphabet while the parallel ends supports the body. This pillow is best suited for back sleepers.
- Sleeping with pregnancy pillow is easy, it just takes a bit of research and getting used to for the pillow to suit you, so do not worry if you do not find it comfortable in the first go.
What are the benefits of sleeping with a pregnancy pillow?
Pregnancy pillows designs ensures that the while body of the pregnant lady is supported. So it avoids the pregnancy related complications like back ache, swollen legs etc. It’s a while body pillow so it supports the pregnancy belly while it comforts the lady’s head and leg.
What are the cons of using pregnancy pillow India?
Carry around a whole body pillow might seems to be a bit of a tiresome job. If you decide to travel and are unable to carry the pillow your sleep can be hampered as now you are used to the use of the pillow. The pillow is best suited when you can no longer travel long distances and are in the comfort of the home warm and cozy.
Top pregnancy pillow India
Chicco pregnancy pillow
Comfy design and added benefit of no extra body heat makes the this pillow a must buy under top pregnancy pillow India. One of the best options available in India is this Chicco pregnancy pillow.
Price range: ₹ 1,085.00 – ₹ 7,485.00
Kuber Industries pregnancy pillow
C shaped pillow with light weight design and wash able material with added benefit of being skin friendly and allergy free.
Price range: ₹ 1,085.00 – ₹ 1,285.00
Snoozy pregnancy pillow
Sleek design can be used for sleeping as well as sitting arrangement while travelling. It helps to protect the tail bone in sitting which is a leading cause of pain in many pregnant ladies. Snoozy pregnancy pillow is a blessing for working as well as stay home moms.
Price range: ₹ 1,085.00 – ₹ 1,785.00
Folks I hope you have gained some seeds of knowledge around nursing and pregnancy pillows. This information might help you narrow down your choice and help you choose the right product for yourself of your partner. Pregnancy and the phases after it are very unique ones so try to make them memorable and comfortable because it would last for ever. The care that your body receive in this phase will help your body in the long run. So choose the best and make the right buy.